POLO AND RIDING SCHOOL
NO PREVIOUS RIDING EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
OC Polo offers private and group polo lessons for all levels taught by USPA Certified Instructors. Lessons are designed around your personal goals and cater to individual skill level and experience. The main focus is on developing proper swing technique, game comprehension and developing riding skills specific to polo. Our emphasis is on creating safe, well rounded horsemen with a passion for the sport.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Lessons include 1 hour of mounted instruction. We focus on riding skills, hitting technique and game strategy.
- Group lessons include scrimmage time.
- Junior polo lessons and interscholastic program is available for children 10 years and older.
- Students are encouraged to stick around and join in on the club’s social activities.
Private and group lessons are $125/hour or buy 5 get one free (6 lesson for $625).
One hour lessons include instruction in both horsemanship and riding skills, with the goal of creating a well-rounded equestrian.
Riders will learn how to control their horse and develop a solid riding foundation.
Horsemanship includes learning how to safely handle a horse on the ground, understand horse behavior and proper horse care.
Riding lessons are for anyone ages 6 and up who want to learn how to ride.
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING TO YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Boots or shoes that have a slight heel to prevent your foot slipping through the stirrup. Hiking boots are okay. Sneakers or shoes without heels are not recommended.
- Your attire should be comfortable. Think t-shirts or polo shirts (not spaghetti straps). Jeans, not shorts. Or feel free to wear riding attire you already have.
- Consider the weather, it can cool down when the sun goes down.
- Helmets will be provided or you may bring your own.
- While we do not advise riding with your phone, we do recommend taking many pony selfies when you are finished.
Private and group lessons are $100/lesson or buy 5 get 1 free (6 lessons for $500)